On May 12th 2021, 13:00 Uppsala time, I will be defending my thesis. Four and half years of hard work summarized that day. I hope to get interesting questions and debate.
Link to general zoom presentation:
Read the thesis here: Image Processing, Machine Learning and Visualization for Tissue Analysis
Want to say hello or wish me good luck? Leave a comment and it will be a guest book 🙂
You can find the document here. I presented all my papers and thesis in a previous post here.
What to expect?
- This kind of event can last many hours. Plan for it, grab coffee and dinner.
- We start at 13:00 in Uppsala time, for other times in the world see here.
- I will give a 20 minute popular science presentation, followed by a talk by the opponent which is much longer and then questions and debate with the committee.
- Please mute your microphones and cameras. They will not be allowed anyways. After the presentation and defense, while the committee deliberates we can all stick around and chat.
- In the end there might be the possibility for the audience to ask questions. Please use the “raise hand” option in zoom if you want to ask a question and please be respectful.
- If you have any questions regarding this zoom event write a private message on the zoom chat to the event manager: Johan Öfverstedt.
- After deliberation we will all gather in the same original zoom link
- I am thankful for all the words of love and encouragement from friends. But please refrain from using the chat to “say hello”. We will all be able to talk and communicate while the committee deliberates. Or you can leave a comment in this post.
Who is the committee?
We are glad and thankful to count with the presence of:
- Alexandru Telea
- Bjoern Mentze
- Anna Kreschuk
- Caroline Gallant
- Stefan Seipel
- Patric Ljung
This is me
Wish me luck!
Sign the guestbook below :
Looking good! Good luck!!! 😉
Good luck!! 🙂
Good luck Leslie, you’re the best! =)
Good luck!! I am looking forward to it! 🙂
Good luck, Leslie!!! You rock! 🙂
Huy! Cómo así que allá las defensas son con “oponente”? Pues duro con el!
En hora de Colombia está como temprano, pero me asomaré tan pronto pueda.
Muchos éxitos en este día tan importante! Estoy seguro que le seguirá una vida profesional llena de oportunidades.
Great work Leslie! Good luck 🙂
All the best Leslie!!!! 😍 Super proud of you!
Lo harás maravilloso! Trataré de estar conectada a esa hora. Un abrazo desde Colombia y te envío mucha buena vibra! 🇨🇴
So great to see that you are ready to defend your thesis! Good luck and enjoy!
Very nice that you can have the defence in the traditional university building in spite of the Corona limiting the number of physical attendees. Wishing you a nice, memorable day!